As the deadline for running for candidacy positions approaches, new candidates are surfacing. Shelburnite, Alethia O’Hara-Stephenson announced her candidacy for the Upper Grand District School Board Trustee Position. This position is held by Mrs. Lynn Topping, a candidate who is currently also running for re-election, and while during the last election ran uncontested, will this year be in a race.
Meet Alethia O’Hara Stephenson in this video interview and find out why she is running for the position.
Candidate for Upper Grand District School Board Trustee Biography provided by Alethia O’Hara-Stephenson:
Wife, mom of 3 amazing children (Jhordane, Amoy and Hayden), and a community leader who is passionate about empowering our youth and building future leaders.
BA- Political Science, York University, CIP (Chartered Insurance Professional), MBA Candidate 2018, Leadership & Innovation.
- Over 20 years of experience in the Insurance and Financial services industry leading teams and managing change.
- Several years experience leading and participating in various community events such as diversity events and youth mentoring
- Founding member of WLC (Women’s Leadership Council) of Peel
- Key note speaker on leadership and education conference in Montreal 2014
- Facilitator and co facilitator of various Financial Literacy sessions in Peel
- Supported local Multicultural Day event here in Shelburne hosted by Althea Casamento and Councillor Steve Anderson
- Member of the Shelburne Fiddle Parade Planning committee
- Co-founder of Tri-SAS sports with my Husband Alton Stephenson – A free non competitive sports drop-in program at Glenbrook Elementary and Center Dufferin District High School offering leadership and volunteer hours for High School Students